Great Oral Hygiene is the path to Great Oral Health
Taking measures to keep your mouth clean is essential for a healthy mouth. A regular oral hygiene regime is needed to remove daily plaque, bacteria and food that develops on our teeth. If left on your teeth they will eventually cause tooth decay and gum disease. An additional benefit apart from preventing cavities is that good brushing and flossing prevents bad breathe and hallitosis. After all, we go to great lengths to look and smell pretty – why not treat our teeth as well as we treat our bodies?
Most patients are already aware of the need to brush twice daily for 2 minutes and floss daily, but some may need further help or additional tools if they are susceptible to either tooth decay or gum disease. Oral hygiene regimes can be tailored to your specific needs and lifestyle to ensure that your teeth and gums are on track to good health.
A Customised Oral Hygiene Plan Tailored for You
How do we customise an oral hygiene regime for you? We may suggest:
- Alternatives to floss – flossers, interdental brushes, water flossers
- Adjuncts to brushing and flossing – mouthwashes, rinses, chewing gum use
- Analysis and changes to the dental products you are using
- Prescription of high strength medicated tooth pastes
- Changing the frequency and timing of your brushing and flossing
- Using aids such as disclosing tablets or solutions
- Modifying toothbrush handles to help the elderly or those who find difficulty in holding standard toothbrushes
- Suggesting specialised dental products to address issues such as: dry mouth, oral ulcers, burning sensations, gum disease, high tooth decay rate
- Checking you have the correct technique
- Diet analysis
If you are susceptible to cavities or gum disease of you need a bit of guidance and advice to getting ahead of your dental concerns, give us a call on 07 3357 4177 today and have a talk to our gentle and experienced dentists.