Tired of your loose, floating lower denture?
Sick of having to use Polident or other denture adhesives?
Mini dental implants offer a more affordable solution to fix and stabilise dentures when compared to traditional dental implants.
What are Mini Dental Implants?
Mini dental implants are smaller and thinner diameter dental implants which are surgically placed in the jaw to help stabilise and fix loose dentures.
Compared to traditional implants which are typically 4 to 6 millimeters in diameter, mini dental implants are typically 1.8 to 2.2mm. Because of their size, they are a fantastic solution for patients who have minimal bone and would require extensive bone grafting for regular dental implants.
What is Involved in Having Mini Dental Implants Placed?
The placement of mini dental implants often only requires a few hours. Typically 4 to 6 implants are placed through key hole incisions and recovery is minimal. Once the implants are placed, your existing denture can be attached straight away allowing you to immediately experience the benefits of fixed dentures.
Most of our patient report minimal discomfort and swelling due the key hole procedure. Recovery is very fast, often within a few days.
Why Choose Mini Implants over Regular Dental Implants?
Mini Dental Implants have several advantages over regular implants:
- Mini Dental Implants are more cost effective than conventional implants. The placement of 4 mini dental implants is cheaper than having 2 conventional implants.
- Recovery time is faster
- The implants can be loaded immediately vs 6 months waiting for regular implants
- Having 4 mini implants can stabilise a lower denture better than 2 larger implants which may still experience some rocking
There are a few drawbacks of Mini Dental Implants:
- Conventional implants are the gold standard treatment for fixing loose dentures
- As they are removable, they are not suitable for patients who want a fully fixed solution such as All on 4 or Fixed Implant Bridges
- The denture will still be removable and will need to be removed daily for cleaning
- Mini dental implant connectors need to be changed over every 1-2 years. The cost of replacing these connectors is minimal.
If you are tired of having loose and floating lower dentures or having to continually use Polident, give us a call on 07 3357 4177 today for a consultation with our experienced dentists.